Dive Pirates Wanderlust
Just because we pirates have been grounded from flying to our pirate lair for a week of pirate fun in the sun, doesn’t mean we can’t continue some of our trip traditions!
Starting June 16th (which would be the day we would dedicate one dive to the deep down challenge) we will kick off our own VIRTUAL deep down challenge! Dive Pirates Wanderlust!
Five ways to win!
– Most creative Picture (description below) $100 gift card/coupon to the Dive Pirates Store
– Raise $250 or more – get your own Dive Pirates facemask
– Raise the most money – get an Aqualung i200c dive computer, you pick the color!
– Raise money as a team! Family or friend groups rally to get limited run “Speak your Truth!” Dry Fit Shirts with Team Name (limit 12 to a group/family)
– Just participate and get 10% discount on the Dive Pirates Store
Four Ways to Play:
In each of these ways to play you must incorporate:
- A photo illustrating one way you are celebrating diving while landlocked. (We do ask that if you are in your shower/bathtub, sprinkler, etc that you use good judgment, be safe and by all means remain clothed 😊)
- Either print this sign and include it in your picture or create your own meme/etc. to include the words: Dive Pirates Wanderlust! And please include #DivePiratesWanderlust in your post!
1. Create a personal Facebook Fundraiser
- Use this link or go to your personal Facebook page and find fundraisers in the left side navigation bar. Build your own fundraiser selecting Dive Pirates. Make the end date July 16, 2020. Title for your fundraiser can be anything you think will be eye-catching, or just have it all match and call it Dive Pirates Wanderlust! Here is some sample text to use in your description:
You may not know that I support a band of pirates who face isolation and difficulty navigating this world every day, not to mention during this time. Help me help them celebrate life after injury!
The Dive Pirates Foundation supports people with mobile disabilities; people in wheelchairs, with amputations, etc. some injured serving our country and communities.
Dive Pirates shares with them the freedom of adaptive scuba diving and being part of a group of friends and family to travel and explore together.
Right now they should be enjoying a trip together celebrating life after injury, instead, they are sheltering in place, working on their e-learning, and trying to fundraise during a time no one can gather and fundraise! Please help me help them by donating to this virtual dive event: Dive Pirates Wanderlust!
2. Share the Dive Pirates Wanderlust VIRTUAL dive event from the Dive Pirates Foundation Facebook page. We created our own fundraiser on our official Facebook page, but this won’t work if you don’t like it and share it with as many people as possible! Anyone who comments with their own picture and shares it will be entered as officially participating for the 10% discount.
3. Enter here!
- Upload your photo
- Download the form to enter and track your pledges
- Make a monetary donation from the pledges you have gathered
- Allow us to share your entry on our social media channels and celebrate your goodwill (This is a great way to go if you like to solicit your pledges independently (by letter, by phone calls, etc, just let us know in the memo box any info we can share to promote your generous friends and share your efforts)